Are you ready to help us build our next generation of education and marketing tools? That’s what we’re doing at SR Education Group: publishing websites, data, and reviews on higher education because education should be affordable, accessible, and high quality. SR Education Group is looking for a Full Stack Junior Web Developer to join our team. Our team of experienced Ruby on Rails Developers works closely with multiple teams and program managers to write and maintain complex code bases as well as process large amounts of data using machine learning algorithms for our popular informational sites. We are an agile company that excels at delivering high quality products in a timely manner.
Located on the downtown waterfront in Kirkland, WA, our office offers a full kitchen (stocked with food and drinks), a ping pong table, a pool table, and 4 office dogs! You’ll love our small, collaborative environment where there is lots of responsibility and room for growth. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits (vacation, retirement, health coverage, annual bonuses, and more).
Some of the Technologies we use:
- Databases: MySQL, MongoDB, Redis
- Queuing Services: RabbitMQ
- Search Engines: ElasticSearch
- Cloud: AWS including the S3, EC2, and Machine Learning platforms
- B.S. in Computer Science or relevant experience.
- Recent grad or 1 year of experience.
- Experience in using a language like Java, Ruby, Python, etc. for web projects. Understanding of web frameworks (Rails) is a plus.
- Clear understanding of HTTP and RESTful web services.
- Understanding of common pitfalls with designing and scaling database-driven applications.
- Linux/Unix experience.
- Dynamic learner that isn't afraid to get their hands dirty.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Self-driven, ability to work independently.
- Willingness to learn and solve challenging problems.
If you're interested, there will be lots for you to do - you need to be dedicated, talented, and ready to work. You'll learn a lot from a team of talented, experienced individuals.
Position Type: Full-time
Benefits: Health, dental, and vision insurance, retirement contributions, competitive and flexible vacation policy, performance-based bonuses, fully stocked kitchen, pool and ping pong table, waterfront location
Next steps: please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your résumé and the sum of all multiples of 3 or 5 less than 1000, and how you calculated it (use any language or mathematical formula you want). If you have a GitHub account that includes examples of code you have written then please include that, otherwise attach any examples you have.