SR Education Group produces high-quality websites related to higher education. Our websites use government data, reviews from students, and original research to create unique content and resources for our users.
We are looking for a self-motivated employee who can drive results in a complex, fast-paced environment. If you are someone who thrives off of the energy and enthusiasm of a collaborative team and loves to solve problems, we want to hear from you. As part of a small company, you'll be given a wide array of responsibilities and gain exposure to all aspects of an online business. We value hard work and critical-thinking abilities almost as much as our wine and cheese parties and fully-stocked kitchen.
At SR Education Group, product managers (PMs) envision and bring to fruition content and features to deliver unique value to our users, while also supporting our business goals. A PM must understand and advocate for the user's best interests, balance constraints, implement creative solutions, and drive the project from start to finish, including interfacing with our developers, designers, and marketing managers.
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to)
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Generate ideas for new content
- Manage workflow and deliverables across in-house teams
- Leverage user data (including A/B tests), competitive research, and audience research (including keyword research) to identify and define user needs
- Analyze business metrics and identify site optimizations
- Write and edit site copy as needed
Education & Experience
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to make tough decisions with competing concerns and no clear answer
- Superb oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate across teams, from developers to business strategists.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational/project management skills
- Solid understanding of what makes a website easy to use, and good instincts with visual design
- Strong technical aptitude, demonstrated by proficiency in some technical skill (preferably related to web content/programming or data analysis)
- High drive to learn new skills
- Bachelor's degree or higher: New and upcoming graduates with a stellar academic background, demonstrated work ethic, and eagerness to learn are encouraged to apply
- 1-2 years work or academic experience in an environment that required creative problem solving
: Product Manager (aka Content Manager, Program Manager, Project Manager)
: $45,000-$60,000 DOE
: Health, dental, and vision insurance, retirement contributions, competitive & flexible vacation policy, performance-based bonuses, fully stocked kitchen, pool & ping pong tables, waterfront location
Please submit a resume and short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your materials, please specify your academic accomplishments including your GPA and SAT or ACT scores (broken down into individual components).